The Binding Site Group Ltd ("we" or "us") respects your privacy and recognises the need for the appropriate protection of personal information that is shared with us, that we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify you or that relates to you, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation and related laws (the "Data Protection Legislation"), the data controller of your personal information collected on the site is The Binding Site Group Ltd of 8 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1QT.
You can visit our site without revealing any personal information.
Information we may collect from you
- Information you give us - You may give us information by completing forms on the site, such as the 'Contact Us' form, or by corresponding with us using any of the email addresses or other contact details we provide on the site. The information you give us may include your name, email address, or any personal information you provide in the correspondence referred to by this paragraph.
- Information we collect about you - With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources - We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We combine all the information we collect about you in our customer database to help make us make sure we are sending you information that will be of use to you.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us - we will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know at [email protected]
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you - we will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources - We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Legal Basis for processing
In addition to collecting your personal information in order to perform our contract with you, we also rely on a condition known as "legitimate interests". It is in our legitimate interest to collect and process your personal information as it provides us with the information that we need to provide the site in the most effective way and also to mitigate some of our risks in providing the service. We will always ensure that we keep the amount of your personal information that we collect and the extent of any processing to the absolute minimum to meet this legitimate interest.
Sharing your personal information
We may share the personal information you provide us amongst our distributors, subsidiaries or diagnostic representatives in order to service your needs. For example, to send you literature which you have requested via our online enquiry form. In instances where The Binding Site Group Ltd and a partner jointly promote goods and services, The Binding Site Group Ltd may provide the partner with certain information, such as your name and address, solely to service consumer needs.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if The Binding Site Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever holding your personal information, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect it. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
You also have a right of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services.
Your rights relating to accuracy of your personal information
You have a number of rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, namely:
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete (right to rectification);
- in certain circumstances, to have your data deleted or removed (right to be forgotten);
- in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data;
- in certain circumstances the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling; and
- not to be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling), where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
If you believe that we have breached the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by such breach.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Chief Financial Officer in the first instance.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal information is held or processed by us, or you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you may complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) by calling 0303 123 1113.
The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as it is required by us or other group companies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or for other operational reasons, such as dealing with any of your queries. For more details on specific timescales, please request a copy of our retention schedule by writing to the Chief Financial Officer at our registered office.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may allow third parties to place cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to collect or receive information from our site and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target advertisements. We do not have access to your personal information via these services.
Control over cookies
You can also delete cookies that have already been set. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
If you do not accept cookies your user experience on our site may be affected.